ABOUT THIS COURSE
The present course aims to familiarize participants with the core elements of schema therapy and the main methods and techniques in the treatment of personality disorders or chronic Axis 1 disorders. This training will be presented online, using Zoom as an interactive platform that allows for practical demonstrations, exercises in breakout rooms and sharing clips and videos displaying some of the core elements of schema therapy. At the end of 40 hrs, the students will be able to detect schemas and schema modes, to identify and make a case conceptualisation of the patient in terms of basic needs, schemas, coping styles and modes. Students are also able to use the therapeutic relationship of Limited reparenting as the main tool in the re-working schemas and schema modes. Ultimately, students will be able to use the foremost methods and techniques, such as cognitive techniques and experiential techniques as guided imagery rescripting, chair work and historical role playing. To achieve this, use is made of a diverse and vibrant curriculum in which short introductions to topics are interspersed with demonstrations (role playing or audio-visual clips) after which the students practice the skills demonstrated bythemselves and then discuss these experiences in the group. Great importance is attached to a safe and pleasant learning environment in which students learn the basics of schema therapy. At the end of the course participants will be able to, supported by peer review and supervision, perform schema therapeutic treatments.
The training may count for certification for the International Society for Schema Therapy (ISST).
DATES AND TIMES
See our agenda
Pay attention that there is also literature and an audio-visual production that the participants need to have access to and might involve more costs.
Required to have access to:
(note that many of these books have been translated into Danish, German, Farsi, French, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Dutch, Polish, Rumanian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish)
• Arntz, A., & Genderen, H. van, (2009) – Schema therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder – Wiley Blackwell ISBN 9780470510810
• Artnz, A., & Jacob, G. (2013) – Schema Therapy in Practice. An introductory Guide to the Schema Mode Approach – Wiley-Blackwell ISBN 9781119962861
• Jacob, G., Genderen, H. van & Seebauer, L. (2012) – Breaking negative thinking patterns, a schema therapy self-help and support book – Wiley Blackwell ISBN 9781118877715
• Young, J. E., Klosko J.S., & Weishaar, M.E (2005) – Schema Therapy, a practitioner’s guide – The Guilford Press ISBN 9781593853723
Specific articles and forms will be provided throughout the training course for specific elements of the training.
Required to have access to :
• Remco van der Wijngaart & Hannie van Genderen (2018) – Schema therapy, step by step – This audio-visual production is available at www.schematherapy.nl
You can register here.